Adventure, History and Culture of Carmel Mt. Region
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Pickup from your hotel or rendezvous point
- Head to the north
- Drive along the Carmel Mt ridge- enjoy a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean sea and the Carmel forest, learn about preservation and restoration of the forest after the traumatic fire that took place in 2010. Drive by the Dalyet-El-Carmel, the largest Druze settlement in Israel and learn about life in the Druze community
- Drive up the scenic route to the top of Mt. Carmel and visit the Discalced Carmelite Monastery in Muhraqa. The site commemorates the biblical story of the victory of the Prophet Elijah over the Baal prophets (I Kings. 18) .Enjoy the spectacular lookout of the northern Bay of Haifa and the vast Jezreel Valley at your feet from the rooftop of the small Carmelite order church.
- Enjoy an authentic Druze lunch, a special cultural experience in the largest Druze community in Israel, Daliyat El Carmel! Try some of the local cuisine, influenced by Lebanese and Galilee kitchens (included)
- Head to Haifa and visit the German Colony and the mixed neighborhood of Wadi Nisnas- learn about the several diverse cultures and religions that characterize Haifa, and the successful coexistence in the city. This is part of the “old” Haifa where the majority of Christian Arabs have been living since before the establishment of Israel. Visit small unique shops and taste the special local arabic sweets-Baklava
- End the day with a wonderful overlook of the famous Bahai Gardens- this is the site where members of the Baha'i community have established their mausoleum and world center because of its significance to the Baha'i faith. The impressive gardens surrounding the mausoleum were designed and inspired by the doctrines of the Baha'i philosophy.
- Head back to Tel Aviv
- Group of 7-15 - $495 per person
- Private tour- $1060 one person (extra $78 per person up to 6 pp)
- Please note that for a private tour lunch will be at a local restaurant
Please contact through this email: [email protected]